Good news! My publisher, Finishing Line Press, is extending the pre-order phase for Spare Buttons until August 18th, ten extra days. Sweeeeet!!!
Pressrun is determined as follows:
- Prepublication sales between 55-104 copies sold = 250 pressrun.
- Prepublication sales between 105-154 copies sold = 500 pressrun.
- Prepublication sales between 155-204 copies sold = 750 pressrun.
- Prepublication sales between 205+ copies sold = 1000 pressrun.
Thanks to all who have run this race with me. For the final stretch of this mini-marathon, would you consider sharing the following information with your poetry peeps and champions of the arts?
- ORDER ONLINE: Now available in Paperback ($12 plus shipping). Preorder purchases will ship September 20, 2014.
- or ORDER BY SNAIL MAIL
“In Spare Buttons there is a poignant wholeness in the lost and found pieces of life. A lyric grace emerges from the seemingly every day—the steeping of tea, an empty park swing, the familiar road that looks new again. And if you, dear Reader, rest here for a while—in and yet away from the world—you will be blessed.”
~ Nancy Tupper Ling, poet and children’s author
“If any poet ever saw Heaven in a wild flower – or a button, or a cup of tea – Kelly Belmonte is that poet. But she also sees – and refuses to hide – the potential loss of Heaven in our reaction to these objects as well. She laments that, ‘This need to give the world back to itself exhausts me.’ On behalf of the world, I say thank you for the sacrifice.”
~ Doug Jackson, Assistant Professor of Spiritual Formation Logsdon Seminary/South Texas School of Christian Studies, author of Nothing There is not More (Finishing Line Press, 2014)